Sunday, January 2, 2011

Heart leaps for joy...in a reserved way

My sister texted me tonight and told me she went to sacrament meeting today with her husband. My heart jumped to my throat. Dare I hope for her reactivation? My sister can not be pushed to do anything she doesn't want to do, so I have learned to "be there" for her when she has questions, but I have to keep my feelings a bit in reserve so I don't push her away with my exuberant reactions.

I know there is a lot of good in this world, a lot of good in other faiths, a lot of happiness that can be found. I also know that there's even MORE joy and happiness to be found in the faith I have embraced my whole life. I love my sister so much, that I just want MORE for her too.

So...my heart is happy with her choice today, but still just a bit reserved. I'm holding back so I'm not disappointed if things don't progress for her. But I am also filled with hope.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I get so excited so quickly about things. Like right now... I am pulling for this match I am trying to make. If it fails i will be heart broken. I wear it right there on my sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean. how exciting for her :)

    ReplyDelete