Saturday, April 9, 2011

Noises downstairs

Basements are notorious for scary things: darkness, monsters, spiders, piled up dirty laundry, the boogie-man, water rushing through the pipes, whining furnace, kids causing mischief, etc. None of that applies to my house (right now anyway). My son, daughter-in-law, and grandson live in our basement. They have brought new life to this house. My talented daughter-in-law has decorated their space down there so cute. But what I love most, are the noises I hear from down below. I can hear my grandson running from one end of the house to the other, giggling. He's not playing alone though, because his giggles are followed by the sounds of his parents chasing him, tickling him, playing with him. I hear his mommy playing the piano while he plays at her feet. I hear singing. I wake up in the mornings to hear the cheerful chatter of my grandson in his crib. (His room is below mine.) I hear the soft, gentle voice of his mommy when he cries. I NEVER hear a harsh word or raised voices. I hear nothing but gentleness and love. I think this little boy is a lucky guy because of his wonderful parents. There is no darkness in our basement. It is a roomful of sunshine.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds beautiful -- what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree about my little sister and Sean! She is a most calm, talented mother! And he is an involved, playful father. Thanks for taking care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw how sweet! And nice to know you can hear everything.... we'll keep that in mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a nice post! thank you so much! i didn't know you could hear so much :) like my sister said, thanks for taking care of us :)

    ReplyDelete