Thursday, May 6, 2010

If I only had one day left to live...

I just read an interesting article tonight. A study was done where the question was asked: "What would you do with your time if you only had one year to live". Answers included travel, lots of travel, not staying home much, but going out and DOING; eating whatever the heart desired and eating mass quantities; purchasing things, no more "workouts", etc. The same question was asked giving you only 6 months to live and answers remained quite similar; mostly travel and indulging in food and material things. Then the question was asked giving you one DAY to live. Answers changed dramatically. Family became the focus; expressing love; giving hugs; talking and listening. THINGS did not matter anymore. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I admit that there are THINGS that I truly do enjoy, but what's absolutely most important to me is my family and those I love. Do THEY know I feel this way?

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, the way our thoughts can change like that. One day? Stay home and hug my family. No doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is some good food for thought. And how different it is if we have no definitive end in sight. Our goals change significantly if life is a marathon instead of a sprint, but for me they always come back to my family.

    ReplyDelete