Friday, April 16, 2010

Missing My Daddy

While out running errands today, driving on the freeway, thoughts of my Dad came to mind, just out of the blue. A feeling spread throughout my whole body until I was crying. What was that all about? Of course I think about my Dad often, and still miss him so much, even though he died 34 years ago. I miss what we had, and what we could've had; what my children and grandchildren could've had. I mourn the loss. But today I couldn't help wondering if my Dad, being where he is now, is thinking "this is no loss...just wait". Food for thought!

4 comments:

  1. Awww. OK, now I am crying. I think when you lose someone when you are still in those formative years you will always have a "what if" feeling when you think of him/her. I'll bet he was a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts here. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet him. When I think of him I feel love, and warm and happy. I know he was a wonderful man and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete