Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Work

Every tax season, when my part-time job becomes full-time, I find myself in awe of those who put in the standard 8 plus hr. day EVERY day. I come home to a house that needs attention, dinner that needs to be made, family members who deserve to have some of my time, other responsibilities that need attending to, and all I want to do is crash. April 15th is my light at the end of the tunnel, but to all those who work hard, day in and day out, I have great respect and admiration for. I don't know how you do it all. I'm so grateful to a husband who provides for our family, gets up each morning and goes to work at a job that has placed a tremendous amount of stress on his shoulders, yet he keeps going. With 2 days left until the craziness of tax season is over, as I put in my 10 hour work days, I refuse to whine.

2 comments:

  1. What? Taxes are due in 2 days? We better get going!

    But I agree with you on the people (women especially) that work 8 hour days. I love 3-6. It is perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! I don't know how I used to work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Just thinking about it stresses me out.

    ReplyDelete