Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Endorphines

Endorphines are a wonderful thing. When I'm sad, lonely, depressed, mildly feeling blue for no reason, or angry that I can't have my chocolate :), there are two cures that work every time. Exercise and grandchildren.

I don't always enjoy the actual process of exercising, but I do look forward to it and HAVE to do it. It's like a drug for me. I know how I'll feel when I'm done so I absolutely can not miss it. I feel better immediately upon completion of a good workout, or even just a walk with a friend. It is SO therapeutic. There is just a rush of good feelings. I feel happy and am ready to continue on with whatever the day will bring.

Then there's my grandchildren. All it takes is for them to walk in the room and my face lights up, my insides feel like they're going to jump out of my skin. My heart is so full of love for these two babies (who are now almost 20 months and almost 14 months old) that I feel as though I've been lifted to another sphere. It's the most incredible thing. I am butter in their hands. I would do anything for them, and yes I spoil them rotten. They get whatever they want, but is there such a thing as too much love and attention? I don't think so.

I know I always talk about my grandchildren and not my children, but of course I love my children. Without them, I would have no grandchildren. :)

Oh, and we now have a 3rd one on the way. Jason and Laura are expecting baby #2. Could my smile get any bigger?

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Endorphines are a wonderful thing. As are grandchildren.

    I can feel that it's not too far in my future and am eagerly anticipating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Jason and Laura (and of course Grandma)!!!

    I love how you love your children because without them you would have no grandchildren. HEHE

    ReplyDelete