Monday, July 5, 2010

Painting

Painting a room does not erase the memories. My daughter left when she married 7 months ago, but I had yet to touch her room until it became necessary. We now need the room for someone else, so we started by painting it. I could not bear to take down a poster she had hung on her ceiling a few years ago. I told Terry to leave the poster there. I need that one reminder to stay there. That one little thing brings back all kinds of memories. My little girl is a woman now, but she's still my girl and I love her so very much.

3 comments:

  1. It still kind of freaks me out that she's married. Wasn't she five like yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh... I got a little choked up. It has been fun having Perry home for a awhile, but probably when he moves out it will be to his new home with his own wife.

    ReplyDelete