Monday, November 1, 2010

Frito withdrawal

My sister and I have now completed one full month of no sugar. We have 11 months to go. It has been really hard for me, harder for me than for my sister. She likes sweets, but has never HAD to have them very often. I, on the other hand, have always craved sweets and can not finish a meal without wanting to top it off with dessert, or a piece of chocolate at the least.

Now yes, I've been on a healthy eating kick, and doing well, but I have still had my cheats. I was getting out of control with my chocolate and other sweets though so I had the bright idea of doing this contest with my sister and going a whole year without sweets. How dumb is that? Once I make up my mind though, I can be strong. But it is still hard. My taste buds want the sweet.

As if no sugar isn't challenge enough, I decided we should spice it up even more and add a new food each month that we can't have (healthy foods off limits of course), because as I mentioned before, even with healthy eating, we still have our cheats, so I'm trying to force us to get rid of those cheats, slowly but surely. So...today we chose for each other, a food (or drink) that the other can not have, under no circumstances, for the remainder of our year's challenge. I chose for her, no soda; no carbonated beverages at all. She loves diet coke, but doesn't drink it on a regular basis, so since this won't be torture for her, I attached to it that by eliminating other drinks of choice, she has to replace it with water and get 96-120 oz. of water each day. That's not as easy as it sounds, but with time, it does become a part of you. I ALWAYS have a water bottle with me now, everywhere I go. Water is SO good for you in so many ways, AND it helps the liver do its' job, by flushing out fat. So, can't go wrong there.

For ME, my sister chose my favorite salty treat of all time; Fritos. I yelled into the phone "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Without Fritos AND sweets, I am gonna die. This is the toughest thing I've done (or one of them anyway). BUT, I am NOT gonna lose to her.

The game is on!

3 comments:

  1. good luck!! you can give me any left over frito bags you have, we'll find a good home for them. :)

    ReplyDelete