Friday, December 3, 2010

Freaky Smiler

I was running around today trying to accomplish at least two week's worth of catch-up errands and grocery shopping, when I realized that I was scrunching my eyebrows and wearing a frown, so deep in concentration, thinking of all the tasks I needed to hurry and get done. That's when I remembered my last post.

So...I made a conscious decision, right then and there, to unscrunch, open up my eyes, notice my surroundings, turn on some Christmas music, and smile. While making a great effort to make eye contact with every driver I passed, ready to cheer them up as well as myself, I found that I might look a bit freaky, because by unscrunching my forehead and opening up my eyes, I had the look of a rather "surprised" and overly stressed woman, with a forced smile painted on my face. Oh well, it cheered ME up, and brought my focus back to things that matter.

I enjoyed the Christmas music as I drove. I made an unplanned stop at Deseret Book and just browsed, totally relaxed. I didn't buy a thing, but it was a good few moments to myself. Then on with the grocery shopping, which I always enjoy, knowing that those I love are waiting at home with hungry tummies and I get to go fill them.

Went out with hubby tonight and we're now relaxing together. That smile is still on my face. Forcing a smile over a frown, really works!

4 comments:

  1. we appreciate everything you do, laniece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, fake it til you make it, right?!! I would have smiled right back at you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are finding a way to enjoy this crazy season. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha nice. I wish I would have been one of the drivers you smiled at, it would have made me laugh! you rock.

    ReplyDelete