Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Baby no more!

My last-born turned 15 today. I remember the pregnancy vividly. Morning sickness that lasted the entire 9 months, AND was NOT restricted to just mornings. I had 5 other children to care for. I was exhausted all the time. I had pains I never had with the others. BUt it was all worth it. I had hoped for another girl so my one daughter would have a sister, but not knowing ahead of time, the sex of the baby, when he was born I felt an instant bond and love for him that is indescribable. Even though I had had 6 babies before this one, the feeling of love and tenderness and protectiveness was just as strong as it was with baby #1.

Now I look at this baby of mine who has grown several inches this past year, has lost his cute baby cheeks and young boy look, is turning into a young man who will soon be driving and next year, dating, has discovered talents he possesses, has found his niche in life and in the family, is a hard worker and does so much for others, even taking care of ME in many ways. He has become the nurturer.

I love being a Mom!

1 comment:

  1. That is one likable son you have there! You have done a fab job raising your kids. They are all grounded and funny and awesome!

    ReplyDelete