Sunday, August 15, 2010

Music fills my soul

I went to a violin/piano recital tonight to support my friend of 32 years. Janice Vincent and Robert Nakea played 3 Sonatas, the work of Edvard Hagerup Grieg. The music itself, captivated me from the first note, and then witnessing the passion that both Janice and Robert exibit, I felt as though I had been transported to another time and place. Music does that to me. It affects my very soul and I experience a kind of out-of-body experience. The only way my body knows how to respond, is through tears.

I am so grateful for the talents of others; for the countless hours of practice, over numerous years, to perfect the talents they have been blessed with, in order to share with everyone else, for the building up and edifying of our lives.

I left my busy home tonight, with the purpose of doing something for my friend, by showing support, yet also knowing that I would be the one to benefit the most. I am filled.

1 comment:

  1. I think I inherited your passion for music. :) I love it too! so thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete