Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Night Sacred Time

Monday night has been set aside for family time. Whether we choose to talk about a certain subject, do some reading together, or watch a movie together, that's our time. The phone continues to ring, the doorbell sounds off, interruptions still occur. The week is so busy with so many things, and then the weekend is busy with other certain things, including church commitments on Sunday, that we expect the phones to ring and interruptions to happen, but is it too much to ask for some peace and quiet and privacy on just one night a week? I get annoyed when those who know better, continue to infringe on our rare time together. I realize that sometimes it's necessary, I'm sure I've done it myself, but I sure think twice, and usually wait for another time. On Mon. nights I do not feel guilty if I don't answer the phone. But sometimes that doesn't help, because the person then just walks over to the house and rings the bell. Sheesh! Am I whining here? Maybe so. After a long, exhausting day, I just wanna be left alone for a minute ya know?

Better go to bed. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am really glad that we had family nights all the time growing up. I love the memories we made and I really hope that I do a family night for my family cause I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sistah! When G was bishop he would answer the phone no matter what, out of duty, but we sure don't feel that way now!

    ReplyDelete