Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tremor

I've made remards in the recent past that I embrace life and the age I am currently sitting at. I still embrace life, but honestly, I do all I can to defy my true age.

I exercise faithfully and am on a diet plan to try to retain as much youth as possible and feel better. I color my hair to look younger, but have been doing it for so long, that I thought maybe I ought to go back to my natural color. I asked my hair stylist how much gray I would have if I did that, and she said "honey...you're ALL gray". SO...I won't be going there anytime soon. I get my nails done, which is another splurge that makes me feel good, younger in a way. I go to the Dr. every year to go through all the required testing to make sure I stay on top of my health.

Now a new problem crops up. I have a head tremor. I have had it for years, but just when applying makeup. Now, just in the last 2 weeks, it has become very pronounced, especially when I text, type, or write. That's when it's worst, but it also happens for not reason at all; putting toast in the toaster, looking at someone while talking to each other, any time really. I can't control it. It's not a nervous thing, but is completely out of my control, which is very unnerving. My kids are noticing and commenting on it, which has been more alarming to me.

In research we've done on our own, it is not a Parkinson's symptom (that begins with hands and feet), but most likely a neurological brain deterioration of some kind. There is no cure, although medication can help when it gets really bad. I do need to go see a Dr. though and get properly diagonosed.

I have been thinking to myself, "GREAT!!! There's no mistake NOW that you're an old woman." My son Jason said, "Mom, if it bothers you that much, just wear headphones and when someone asks you why your head is shaking, just pull out an earpiece and say you're just rocking out to your music" (as head shakes back and forth). I'll be the rockin-out Gma. OK, I can live with that.

3 comments:

  1. I love Jason's idea. What a great son.

    I hope you find some answers and some peace. The stupid things that crop up healthwise for me now are all the more irritating because I don't know which ones will get better and which ones I'm stuck with.

    Sending prayers and happy thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I love jasons Idea, and if you don't have headphones handy just say you have a song stuck in your head. :) I know that prolly scares you cause of your grandma, but I still think you look great and haven't once thought "my mom is getting old". even though i like to tease you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, all I ever notice about your noggin is that it is pretty!

    I hope your doctor can solve your problem. Good luck, my friend.

    ReplyDelete