Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In Love...AGAIN!

Sept. 20th was, and continues to be a magical day for me. I remember 30 years ago, the nervous yet excited bride I was, completely at peace with the choice I'd made in a husband. The beautiful Salt Lake temple, along with the people I love, were all I needed that day.

Over the years we have had our share of heartache and struggles, but we have weathered the storms and celebrated the rainbows in our life together.

My husband is the only one I can share the innermost feelings of my heart with, and know he will always love me, no matter what.

What I love about my husband is: his hugs; his humor; the way he takes care of our every need; the job he works hard at day after day even though it causes great stress; his honesty; the way he listens to me; the way he spoils me by doing things he knows I appreciate, even little things like cleaning the kitchen or washing my car (I've never had a "honey-do" list for my husband, he just does things); the way he honors his role as the Patriarch of our home and his role in our religious beliefs; the way he looks at me with adoration; the knack he has for fixing anything and everything; the way he teaches our boys how to be a man and how to treat a woman; the way he was able to shift gears from boys to a daughter and the tender way he treats our daughter (his Princess); the way he always asks what I want to do for our date night; the way he puts me first; his thoughtfulness in bringing me an alergy pill in the middle of the night when he notices I'm having a hard time, or covering me with an extra blanket when he knows I'm cold; the days he brings me flowers for no reason at all; the way he reaches for my hand, wanting me closeby; the way he loves me.

I enjoy being with him so much, that whenever we are able to get away, just the two of us, it's kinda hard to come back to real life and go our separate ways to work and other responsibilities, but how nice to know that we have a haven to return to with each other.

I am not only in love with this man, but I really, really LIKE him.

4 comments:

  1. this is priceless. happy 30 years. love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. You guys are such a great couple. We think you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! I have a tear in my eye. Family is just wonderful, and knowing that it is a forever family is indescribable! Love you both-- congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah! I've always hoped to have a marriage like you two have, ever since I was young. :) cute! I'm so glad you two are so in love!

    ReplyDelete