Thursday, September 30, 2010

Middle Son

I was praising my son the other day to a few people who had inquired about him, and I realized later, that I don't voice my praise and love often enough to that son himself. So....

You are an AMAZING person, and it all started the day you were born. I will always remember when you were placed in my arms and you looked up at me with your big blue eyes, fully alert, trusting, and full of wonder. You did not cry. You were completely calm and content, yet observant, and at peace. Your quiet manner could be deceiving, but you soak things in and apply them to your life. This has continued to be your pattern throughout childhood, and now into adulthood.

You have been put into situations in your life when you have had to defend your beliefs, and you did so, without apology. You are kind and accepting of others, yet you are firm in your own beliefs and how you choose to live your life. You are an example to kids and adults alike.

You have learned and then shown great leadership skills with scouting opportunities. You have loved so many through these opportunities, and been able to be the teacher.

I have loved watching you explore music, and find a way to express yourself through song. You have an incredible talent with the guitar that blows me away and brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear you play. Your timidity used to confine you to your room, playing in private, but then with some encouragement, you have branched out in sharing with others. Music has been a great outlet for you to express joy as well as pain. Sometimes when you are in the privacy of your bedroom, bearing your soul, perhaps unaware that anyone else can hear you, I can. I do not want to intrude, yet as I listen, I catch a glimpse into how you are feeling at the moment. If it's sadness, I cry silently along with you. If it's happiness, I still cry, but with a smile. You have been blessed with a great gift, that I believe you will reach others with. Don't let it die.

I love how we can talk adult-to-adult now. I enjoy your presence, your gentle hugs, your humor, your laughter, your helpfulness, your compassion, and still...those big blue eyes.

You are no longer the baby looking up at me, but I look up at you (literally, cuz you're so tall), and I also look up TO you, as a man, yet still my child; an example; a wonder; a beautiful person; a teacher; a son of God.

I am so lucky to be your Mom

2 comments:

  1. Your middle son is one of my absolute favorite people. No joking.

    And I love his music posts. A talented and special young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks momma! I am lucky that you are my mom, because otherwise I wouldn't be half as awesome as I apparently am. You've been my motivation for just about everything, and I'm thankful that I can talk to you anytime about anything I need or want to.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete